FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Curriculum will iLumenEd Academy use for course work?
Is iLumenEd Academy Accredited?
We are partnering with the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) and will be working with them to gain certification during our launch year with full accreditation of iLumenEd Academy in our second year of operation.
What diploma paths will iLumenEd Academy offer?
iLumenEd Academy's Standard and Advanced diplomas are in alignment with the Virginia Department of Education's requirements.
What are the tuition costs and fees for iLumenEd?
- K - 5th Grade Annual Tuition: $1,295
6 - 12th Grade Annual Tuition: $2,895
K - 5th Grade "a la carte" Tuition: $250/course for a full school year (2 semesters)
6 - 12th Grade "a la carte" Tuition: $550/course for a full school year (2 semesters)
Book fees range from $250 - $400 for full-time students depending on course selection.
Enrollment opened on July 1, 2020 with $100 per student that will be applied to the first month's tuition.
Payment options are annually, bi-annually, or monthly through automatic deduction.
Scholarships and need-based financial aid options are available.
When is the first day of school?
Classes begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
If I need more information, who do I contact?
Is there a school calendar?
Yes, click here to view the 2020-21 academic calendar.
What technology will my children need in order to be successful?
Students may use any laptop or desktop purchased within the last five years. Cell phones or iPads cannot be used. Students will need to use the Chrome browser to complete all course work.
How will classes be offered and what type of scheduling will iLumenEd Academy utilize?
Families with students in 6 - 12 grades have the opportunity to participate in a grade level course load in its entirety or select courses à la carte through both a synchronous (live educationalists) and asynchronous (recorded) format. Recognizing the need for schedule flexibility for families, courses are scheduled around a university model with Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday sequences. Fridays remain open for independent study and one-on-one tutoring opportunities.
What is iLumenEd Academy's Statement of Faith?
The following statement is the basic spiritual foundation for iLumenEd Academy.
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
• We believe that all humanity is born under the curse of sin and can only be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved: the saved unto the resurrection of life and the unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the Genesis account of Creation.
• We believe marriage was instituted by God as a lifelong union between one man and one woman.
Can Christian schools partner with iLumenEd Academy?
Yes, our vision is to give millions of children a biblical worldview. With that being said, we want to ensure that schools have the tools they need to continue in this endeavor. Significant discounts are available to schools who partner with iLumenEd Academy.
Does iLumenEd Academy have resources to support with special learning needs?
Yes, we have specially trained resources to support students with specific learning needs. An initial interview and potential assessment will be used to determine what level of support may be needed. For those families desiring individualized support, additional services are available.
What school offerings are available for my K5 through 5th grader?
Even though it was not in our original plans to offer Kindergarten through 5th grade this school year, due to significant demand, iLumenEd Academy has partnered with BJU Press to offer K5 - 5th grade homeschool education. This program does not provide live teachers, but does provide a full curricula with teachers on video. iLumenEd Academy is further enhancing the program by providing a teacher/ facilitator who will handle grading, assigning lessons, and parental/tutor coaching as needed. Each K5 - 5th grade student will be enrolled in iLumenEd Academy and all records, etc., will be handled by iLumenEd Academy.